Tuesday 10 April 2012

Project Four - Augmented worlds (Photoshop Work)

In this project I'll be looking at Art movements and also experimenting with the concept of Augmented worlds

This is the first piece of graphics work i did in this project, It's a time line of major art movements which goes as far back as 1800 and continues to present time.
I choose movements which i thought have effected my style of work in graphics, as well as some of my favourites, and of course major movements.

The idea for the design i used was like a family tree, i like this idea because it's a classic design so i made it into my 'Art Movements Branch'.
This wasn't the first idea i had for my art movement time line, i started designing another concept i had, which was rain drops falling down possibly towards a puddle each containing a word or picture of an art movement. I began making this design on photo shop but gave up because i decided it looked tacky.
So then i started planning out my Art Movements Branch on paper, i broke a list of art movements down to 10, then put them in order and connected some movements, then i drew out a much neater version of this branch on paper.At first i wanted to find an image from the Internet of a tree, but i thought i should probably draw my own tree/branch so that it has my direct style of drawing Incorporated into the design.

Once i drew out my final design for the branch in Biro pen i scanned it into my computer then took it into photo shop to neaten it up a bit, as well as enhance it, then i choose what i thought was an appropriate font and wrote down the movements as well as the timescale of each individual movement. Finally i bucketed in a brown colour to my branch to make it more nature-like. This is all I've done for now - as i may go back to it in the near future and add pictures which represent each movement. -Since this post has been written I've made changes to my 'Art Movements Branch' these changes included adding Images of Famous and recognisable piece of work associated with the movements, I have made this addition relevant to my branch theme by using the magic wand tool around an image of a leaf to get the outline, then I put the outline over the artwork I'm going to use and copy&paste it and have it growing out of the appropriate branch.-

This is the second piece of graphics work i did, we were assigned to create an information graphics piece on what world wide events have effected and influenced art movements and artists work in general.
I chose to make mine like a spider diagram type layout, with the title of the piece centred and the names/pictures circulating around it.
As alot of the events i choose happened at least 50+ years ago i left this piece in black and white i also like black and white colour schemes when using photo shop.

I choose quite negative events because usually out of depression and grief artists often try to make positive art or art that rebels against war or politics                           

No comments:

Post a Comment